I’m on the hunt for the perfect weightlifting app. Weightlifting has emerged as my fitness activity of choice in my war for mental health. Some days it’s the only hour that I can get out of my head — particularly if my anxiety and depression are trying to come out to play.
I don’t want to have to spend half the workout trying to figure out what I’m supposed to be doing. When I started lifting seriously I tried StrongLifts and Starting Strength. I’ve decided to use Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 instead and so I need an app that works well with this program.
Ideal App Features
Need to Have:
- Cross-platform (Mac OS and Android) capability
- Easy access to previous workouts
- Easy current workout entry
Like to Have:
- Fancy charts
- Ability to preprogram workouts
- Any signs that it’s meant to be used by women (not just men)
- Plate calculator
- Warmup calculator